History

Picture of original library

1917 Library donated to the town by Sarah Foss in memory of her late husband, Oscar Foss, a Barnstead businessman and lumber dealer. The library shared space with the Town offices.
1979 The Town offices moved across the street and the library was expanded and renovated.
1986 Placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
1998 Building committee was formed to study the needs of the growing community and plans to expand.
2000 Exactly 83 years after its original dedication, the library reopened its doors with a 3,600 square foot expansion.